Individual driving lessons:
Code 08 Driving lessons from R185.00 outside of bundle deals
Pay for 10 lessons in advance:
R150 discount on package
Pay for 20 lessons in advance:
R300 discount on packageBook Online
Code 08 K53 Driving Lessons
Let us at He and She assist you with obtaining your code 08 (B) drivers licence and above all, simplify the process so that you can concentrate on your driving lessons. By supplying you, the client, with a professional service, you can easily obtain your driving licence without the headaches and the stress. We supply training and assist clients from various areas in and around Cape Town and Johannesburg creating a comfortable experience for both the learner and our experienced instructor. The pickup and drop-off service is included with all the Code 08 (B) packages.
Why use He and She
- - All driving lessons are based on the K53 curriculum
- - All our vehicles are fully insured.
- - All our Vehicles are fitted with dual controls
- - 47 Years of driving lesson experience
- - All our instructors have valid instructors certificates
- - Our vehicles are 100% roadworthy and well maintained
- - Pick-up and Drop-off service
- - We constantly strive to improve our training methods.
- - We supply driving lessons in most areas all over the Cape Penninsula
You need to be over the age of 17 years together with a valid learners licence, in order to drive on a public road. An instructor or person with a valid drivers licence needs to be present in the vehicle at all times. A green Bar-coded ID is needed in able to book your driver test appointment at the traffic department. Have your eyes tested before making a test appointment at the traffic department and also, should you wear spectacles, be sure to bring them along. All traffic fees will be displayed on the quotation supplied by He and She driving School.
To make a booking please contact us on: Tel: 021 931 8214 Email us at: email@example.com Alternatively click here to contact us directly through our website. All prices quoted are only valid for 30 days.
Pre-trip inspection Manoeuvres in the yard Driving on the road Practical in-car training (1 client: 1 instructor) We supply a free collect and drop service to our clients (code 08 (B)) Patient instructors All vehicles are comprehensively insured All vehicles are fitted with dual controls Highly trained instructors with instructor’s certificates Our administration division handles all the instructors booking and payments so there will be no interruptions during your lesson.
We do Code 08 driving lessons in the following areas:The pickup and dropoff service does apply to all the areas listed below.
The 360 degree observation
This sequence is done every time the vehicle's handbrake is up and you are ready to pull away
- 1. Blindspot
- 2. Side mirror
- 3. Middle mirror
- 4. Side mirror
- 5. Blind Spot
Side Roads / Intersections
This sequence is done every time you approach side roads or intersections
- 1. Check centre mirror
- 2. Check left road
- 3. Check right road
Perform this sequence every time you plan on changing lanes
The Pre-trip inspection:
There are no leaks or obstructions under or around the vehicle. The Vehicle's seat belt & door in working as intended. The vehicle's mirror & windshield is fixed and secure. The vehicle's wiper-blade un-perished. The Vehicle's tyre tread is within spec and the tyre pressure has been checked. The wheel nuts are tight and the wheel is secure to the vehicle. The headlights are secure to the vehicle and the bonnet is closed and secure. I have checked the vehicle's water level, oil level, brake fluid & fan belt. The left side of the vehicle is the same as previous side. Licence disc is up to date and secured to the left-hand side of the windshield. The vehicle's petrol cap is closed and secure. Back vehicle's window and tail lights are secure (not cracked) and the boot is closed securely. The vehicle's back door & tyre is the same as previous.
ALLY DOCKING:Alley docking is a reverse manoeuvre which is done in the yard test and forms part of the K53 driver license test.
SETTING YOUR VEHICLE UP FOR THE ALLEY DOCKING PROCEDUREThe traffic official will direct you to a marked square from where you will start the alley docking procedure. You need to obey all the rules of the road as you approach the starting point. Stop your vehicle within the marked square with your handbrake up and make sure the vehicle is in neutral.
STARTING THE MANOEUVRE!
Check your rear view mirror and blind spot before indicating towards the appropriate side. Select the reverse gear and balance the clutch. Perform a 360 degree observation (blind spot, rear-view mirror, opposite blind spot) starting from the opposite side of the turning direction. Release the handbrake before moving off slowly.
REVERSING THE VEHICLE
Remember the slower you move the vehicle the more time you have to think and react. Check the blind spot on the opposite side of your turning direction once more before turning your steering wheel to start moving into the alley. Guide rear end of the car initially by looking over your shoulder. Check the vehicle's side mirrors as you approach the alley to align the car between the parking poles.
STOPPING INSIDE THE ALLEYLook over your shoulder and stop the vehicle inside the marked square. Be careful not to know over the pole behind you. Pull up the vehicle's handbrake and put the vehicle in neutral.
Parallel ParkingPosition the vehicle at the starting and cancel the signal if applicable. Apply parking brake and select neutral.
Parallel Parking to the left
- 1. Check rear-view mirror(s) and blind spot to the left
- 2. Signal intention
- 3. Select gear (reverse)
- 4. Obtain clutch control
- 5. Observe
- 6. Release hand brake
- 7. Move off slowly
- 8. Check the blind spot to the right before the vehicle changes direction
- 9. Steer into the parking bay without touching any obstacles or mounting the curb.
- 10. Counter steer if a second movement forward is required
- 11. Stop the vehicle in the demarcated area
- 12. Apply the handbrake
- 13. Select neutral
- 14. Cancel signal
Turn in the Road
Positioning for the maneuverPosition the vehicle at the starting point (allocated square). Stop Apply parking brake, select neutral and wait for instruction.
Performing the maneuver
- 1. Check the rear view mirror/s and the blind spot to the right.
- 2. Signal intention
- 3. Select gear
- 4. Obtain clutch control (manual transmission)
- 5. Observe
- 6. Release the parking brake
- 7. Move off driving forward and turn the steering wheel as far as possible to the right.
- 8. Counter steer
- 9. Stop
- 10. Apply parking brake (if applicable)
- 11. Check the rear view mirror/s and blind spot to the left
- 12. Signal intention
- 13. Select reverse gear
- 14. Obtain clutch control (manual transmission)
- 15. Observe
- 16. Release parking brake (if applicable)
- 17. Move off in a reversing direction and turn the steering wheel to the left.
- 18. Counter steer
- 19. Stop
- 20. Apply parking brake if applicable
- 21. Check rear view mirror/s and blind spot to the right
- 22. Signal intention
- 23. Select gear
- 24. Obtain clutch control (Manual transmission)
- 25. Observe
- 26. Release parking brake (If applicable)
- 27. Move off driving forward and keep left
- 28. Cancel signal